Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Eldritch: Lineage 022


Hey everyone, I’m back from my time unplugged!  The break from the internet was very nice.  So, it’s now midnight(ish) on the 21st, and here’s the update, juts like I promised. :3

Ahh, so maybe there’s more to this guy’s desire to have her as part of the team than it first appeared… or, perhaps he’s still an arrogant nutjob in a position of power.

Also, I know, I know, Jack the Ripper is an obvious kind of guy to be a bad-guy werewolf, given the brutality of his crimes, and admittedly is kind of cliché.  But I like it anyway. 

However, I suspect what more of you may be curious about is the mention of the Rake.  Yes, I do mean THAT Rake.  It was some time after my initial designs were done for the benandanti werewolves that I came across this particular creepypasta character, and personally didn’t file it under ‘werewolf’ stuff until later when I came across a description that read “sitting and facing away from us, there was what appeared to be a naked man, or a large hairless dog of some sort” (from http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rake)  Given how the majority of the Benandanti werewolves I’ve shown could match this description, I couldn’t resist mentioning it; especially since I find this new form of urban legend to be fascinating.

You see, in nearly all other cases, urban legends spring up in a particular area, and spread by word of mouth, then sometimes print.  However, today, with the internet, people from around the world can exchange these campfire stories instantly, and then add to and embellish them through a variety of creative means, be it written word, audio, visual art, film, and even games.  Never before has this happened, and it opens up so many possibilities.  I can’t wait to see how these change and evolve over the coming years, and I wanted to indicate that even the most modern of urban legends can be canon for this universe.

And yes.  That means that Slenderman just might be lurking around in the Eldritch universe somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment